Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Start

Ok, here goes! First time for me to start a blog. This one really isn't for a lot of other people to read. But, rather a place for me to think out loud, record my day and reflect. The majority of this blog is dedicated to the "new me" program I started yesterday. My goal is to lose weight, get fit and finish a marathon by Spring 2011. With God, I KNOW I can do this!

First step: start losing weight and get active.

Yesterday was the first day for me to begin my journey to the new me. I feel it was fairly successful. I started the two new medications my doctor gave me. Initially, I was a bit nauseated. Experienced diarhea in the morning. But, as the day progressed, I felt better.

For breakfast I had one Glucotrol chocolate shake: 190 calories, 2 oz apple juice (was feeling shaky) 25 calories, = 215 calories Lunch : lean beef patty 4oz 320 cal (estimated, take out from Johnny's), 1 C cottage cheese 203 calories (est. again),= 503 calories Dinner: McD's fish sandwich w/ no cheese and no tarter sauce 280 calories, diet coke 0 calories, gold fish 25 pieces 70 calories, 64 oz water 0 calories.= 350 calories Bedtime: 5 club crackers w/ meds 88 calories
TOTAL CALORIES FOR THE DAY: 1156 calories

I never really felt hungry during the day. Also, did not have a lot of energy. Mid afternoon I felt like my blood sugars were getting low. Tested though and they were at 177. So, just rode out the symptoms - cold sweats and shakes. They lasted about 2 hours. Did not do any walking or exercise. :( Will try to do better there.

Overall, I felt it was a successful day. I was able to find acceptable, lower calorie options when my family ate out. I did not do well eating fruits and veggies. Nor did I do well exercising. But, I did do well with my calorie count and water intake.

No comments:

Post a Comment